This year was the 50th CES exhibition, and what we heard from many was that it seemed to be the largest one they've seen yet. From virtual reality, to robots, to smart cars, Bluetooth audio, and so much more, JLab was excited to be there! Taking home two awards and great feedback from everyone who stopped by, we were pretty pumped at the end of the week.
Our Party Series Wireless Multiroom Bluetooth Speakers (available now) won a CES Innovation Award and was even showcased at the show!
JLab introduced a few new products right before CES, which we were able to show throughout the week and let others try out. Among those were our Epic Air True Wireless Sport Earbuds, Party Series Wireless Multiroom Bluetooth Speakers, and our coming soon wired to wireless neckband (stay tuned!).
Our Marketing Team attended the Showstoppers media event where they showed our Epic Air, Party Series, and Flex Bluetooth ANC.
JLab's suite at The Hard Rock hotel looked awesome and totally decked out.
We also were able to find time to walk the show floor and see some awesome new technology and innovations.
We had a great time kicking off our New Year at CES in Vegas. We're ready to help you #FINDYOURGO this year with amazing new Bluetooth products! Be sure to follow along on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates and remember to enter the sweepstakes.
JLab Audio Launches Party Series Wireless Multiroom Bluetooth™ Speakers
Connect up to eight speakers without wires, Wi-Fi, or an app
SAN DIEGO, CALIF. – Jan. 3, 2017 – JLab Audio, an award-winning audio company, launched their newest industry-leading innovation: Party Series Wireless Multiroom Bluetooth™ Speakers. Including two speakers in the collection, the Block Party and the House Party, users can connect as many as eight speakers throughout their home. From patio to bedroom, the Party Series require no wires, no wi-fi, and no apps, only the speakers themselves, with a 5.8 GHz frequency allowing the entire home to fill with 3D Sound without any worry of losing a connection. The most portable multiroom solution in the market, the Block Party is MSRP $149.99 and House Party is MSRP $99.99. The Party Series won a 2017 CES Innovation Award and are available for preorder now at www.jlabaudio.compartyseries.
The House Party Speaker features 20-watts of power in two speakers and two passive subwoofers in an air tight seal providing a full rich sound, perfect for small to medium rooms. For medium to large rooms, the Block Party Wireless Bluetooth Speaker features 50 watts of power from two high frequency drivers, two tweeters, and two passive subwoofers. Both speakers hold a nine-hour battery life at medium volume, filling a home with music for any long family gathering. They also feature an IPX4 splashproof rating, making them suitable for any outdoor patio or day at the park.
Their simple set up allows you to control the Party Series speakers simultaneously from room to room by casting and connecting to as many as eight. Each speaker features play, pause, track forward, track back, power on and off, and volume for easy navigation. The Party Series also feature a sleep mode where they will hold a Bluetooth connection for up to 20 minutes when idle, picking up right from where they left off when woken up. Easily portable to bring in and out of your home, their 3D Sound will fill any area with clear, distortion-free audio even at the highest volumes. Without needing wires, Wi-Fi, or an app, the Party Series will hold a strong connection no matter if they are used inside or out.
Along with a 2017 CES Innovation Award, the Block Party Wireless Multiroom Speaker recently won a 2017 Dealerscope IMPACT! Award for Home Theater Speakers.
Block Party Product Specifications:
House Party Specifications:
It doesn’t matter how you GO, just GO.
We want to know, how do you GO? Share with us your GO Moment by taking a photo with any of JLab’s products and posting a photo of how you GO on social media. Use #FINDYOURGO and tag us @JLabAudio in the photo for a chance to win!View full article →
This year was a BIG one for JLab, and we're GOing (wink wink) even bigger in 2017! This year won awards, gave awards, launched new products, were featured in top magazines and websites, expanded our team and are excited for what's GOing to happen next.
Here's a full round-up of all the exciting things 2016 gave us....
We launched our very own JLab Audio App where users can easily shop their favorite products and burn-in their headphones for prime use. Find it in your app store!
We partnered with our local San Diego State University. If you're at a Men's Basketball or Football game, look for JLab helping you GET LOUD on the big screen! SDSU Football also won their Mountain West Conference AND The Las Vegas Bowl!
We also partnered with the Batcole Foundation, which honors the memory of Cole who suffered from pediatric cancer. 50% of proceeds of our Batcole Foundation JBuddies Folding Headphones go to the foundation.
JLab also attended events and marathons all around the country this year including, CES, Outdoor Retailer, Rock N Roll Marathons, LA Marathon, Supergirl Pro (and hosted Sound Sessions, a DJ competition), CE Week in New York and more!
JLab launched our most award-winning product ever Epic2 Bluetooth Wireless Sports Earbuds, which received countless awards and recognition. Acknowledged countless times as awesome fitness earbuds!
The Flex Bluetooth Active Noise Canceling Headphones were launched and turned heads with their sleek design and welcoming comfort.
The Crasher XL Splashproof Bluetooth Speaker also made a big splash (pun intended) with it's sturdy metal build and IPX6 rating, that could withstand any crazy outdoor adventure.
Last, but not least, our big launch of the Epic Air True Wireless Earbuds got everyone talking. JLab will enter the true wireless game in 2017 with the best Bluetooth connection yet.
JLab Audio (and CEO Win Cramer) won a few awards this year...
We also gave a few awards at our company holiday party. Congrats to Rachael Hall, Customer Service Logistics Supervisor, who won the Team Member of the Year award. Mike Nolan, our Director of Sales, won the Newcomer of the Year award. To add to these awards, #TeamJLab also grew this year bringing on new talent: Lacy Ottensen, Staci Zaffuto, Pat Weathers, Mike Nolan, Juli Gary, Alex Steel and Justin Liu.
JLab loves when magazines and sites want to feature or review our products (cause why wouldn't we?!), and this year was filled with them. From special segments on TV, to GQ loving our Epic2 Bluetooth Earbuds, to The Wirecutter putting our JBuddies Studio Headphones to the test (and passing), here's our favorites from this year!
Finally, our Ambassador list has grown and we couldn't be happier to have such great athletes, musicians, and inspirations as part of our team to help spread teh JLab love! We also had FOUR of our athletes compete in the 2016 Olympics in Rio (with Brittney Reese taking home a silver medal!).
Here's who jumped on board this year, be sure to give them all a follow and send some love:
JLab is excited for what 2017 will bring! Keep shopping and following along on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for a New Year of surprises...hint: we're no longer rocking it out, we're GOing big instead.
With all the buzz about kid's headphones lately we wanted to make sure you're aware of some precautions you can take to keep your kids ears safe, aside from purchasing safe headphones, such as our JBuddies Studio Over Ear Folding Kids Headphones.
1. Limit listening time to the recommended 85dB over 8 hours, according to The Wirecutter's findings. Damage to kids ears could happen within minutes of a higher volume, it's important to stick to 85dB at the most, but recommended lower.
2. Make sure the headphones feature a volume limiter, this means the headphones can go no higher than 85dB, which is the highest safe decibel recommended. Our JBuddies Studio Over Ear Folding Kids Headphones, and our other JBuddies, have a built in volume limiter that you can trust as it was recently thoroughly tested by The Wirecutter.
3. Get a good fit that can grow with your child. All of our JBuddies headphones can be expanded for larger sizes so they can fit a variety of ages and stay fit as they grow.
4. Monitor the content on your kid's devices. If they're listening to inappropriate music or shows there could be aggressive volume increases that could sneak past the 85dB mark.
Keep their ears safe this holiday season and be sure to shop our Kid's Headphones!
Have you ever wondered if the headphones you’re buying your kids are safe for their little ears? With a new study out about kid’s headphones and potential hearing loss, our JBuddies kids headphones ensure the volume only goes to safe levels and are safe for your toddler, preschooler, tween or teen. Tested and approved, we provide a volume regulator in the headphones to ensure your kids never listen past 85 decibels, which is the limit set by the National Institute for Safety and Health back in 1998, according to the New York Times.
Some brands however, market their headphones as being safe for listening but are turning out to exceed 85db; which at full volume, could cause damage in only a few short minutes. Researchers offer advice that even with a regulator it's still important to provide supervision to your kids listening habits, and to try and maintain their volume at about 60% (nytimes.com).
“If a parent is an arm’s length away, a child wearing headphones should still be able to hear when asked a question.” (nytimes.com)
[photo credit: The Wirecutter]
The Wirecutter, an association of The New York Times, hosted the thorough study with about 30 kids on the panel and chose our JBuddies Studio Over Ear Headphones as the best corded big kid headphones.
The Wirecutter's Lauren Dragan and Brent Butterworth noted that "despite claims that kids headphones limit volume to 85 decibels (the level the World Health Organization considers “safer”), up to one-third of the kids headphones we tested exceeded that level when measured with pink noise, allowing higher volumes—sometimes much higher," the article noted. (thewirecutter.com)
Be sure to shop our kids headphones this holiday season:
The New York Times: Children's Headphones May Carry Risk of Hearing Loss
The Wirecutter: The Best Kids Headphones
Did you and your squad have a blast this year running with the Night Nation Run? We did too and want to reward all you runners for contributing to the best party of the year!
We’re giving away 10 pairs of CORE Earbuds and one grand prize winner will receive 3 pairs of our Epic 2 Bluetooth Earbuds from us + 3 free race entries from Night Nation Run for you and your #squad!
Winners selected at random, contest ends 12/1/16. Good luck to you and your #squad!
1. How To Enter: Beginning on November17, 2016 to December 1, 2016, visit the www.jlabaudio.com website or any social media site (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+) and follow theJLab Audio + Night Nation Giveaway entry directions. All entries must be received no later than December 1, 2016. All materials submitted become the property of JLab Audio (“Sponsor”) and will not be returned. Multiple photo entries are welcome, although it will not enhance your chances of winning.
2. Winner Selection: 10 second prize winners and ONE grand prize winner will be selected on December 1, 2016, among all eligible entries received. The random drawing will be conducted by representatives of the Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winners will be notified by email on or immediately after drawing date of December 1, 2016.
3. Prize: At the end of the sweepstakes period, 10 prize winners will receive 1 pair of CORE EARBUDS ($19.99 each), and one grand prize winner will win 3 JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth Earbuds ($99.99) + 3 FREE race entries to any 2017 Night Nation Run ($29.99 each). The prize package of Core Earbuds is worth $200 and the grand prize winner prize package is worth $390.00.
Prize package does not include taxes, insurance, telephone charges, personal expenses, gratuities, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prizes will be permitted.
4. Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years or older. Employees of JLab Audio, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. Limit one prize per family/address/household. All federal, state and local taxes and any unspecified expenses relating to the acceptance and use of a Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5. Grand Prize Winner: Grand Prize winner tag 2 friends on social media and share the post. Grand Prize winner must respond within seven (7) business days of attempted notification in order to receive their prize. Guest of Grand Prize winner (if a minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must give consent of participation if selected as the grand prize winner. If any Prize or affidavit or release is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable or if Sponsor does not receive a response from any potential Winner within seven (7) business days of attempted notification, such Winner may be disqualified without compensation of any kind and such Prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner. Non-compliance with these Official Rules shall result in disqualification and award of Prize to an alternate Winner. By accepting Prize, Winners consent that Sponsor may use the Winners’ names, photographs, or other likenesses, the Winners’ hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the entry, or Sponsor’s products without further compensation for purposes of advertising, trade, promotion, and merchandising, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to hold Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the directors, officers, employees, shareholders, representatives and assigns of any of the foregoing entities, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of participation in Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any Prize. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules, and understand that the Sweepstakes results are final in all respects.
6. Incorrect information submitted: Neither the Sponsor, any telephone network, nor service providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures or any telephone network, computer equipment, software, inability to access any website or on-line service, or any other error or malfunction, or late, lost, illegible, incomplete damaged, mutilated or misdirected entries or entries not properly forwarded to Sponsor. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that there is any suspected or actual electronic tampering with the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue and conduct a random drawing to award the Prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated due to tampering or technical difficulties prior to its expiration date, notice will be posted at www.jlabaudio.com. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Sweepstakes is unlawful and subject to legal action (in addition to disqualification from Sweepstakes of persons believed to be responsible for such damage).
NOTE: Internet entry must be made by the entrant, only at www.jlabaudio.com on the Flex Bluetooth ANC Tech Sweeps page. Entries made by any other individual or entity and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial contest subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and as such ruled ineligible for this Sweepstakes.
7. PRIVACY/OPT-IN: Any information entrants provide to the Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrant in relation to these Sweepstakes.
8. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by JLab Audio, 3402 Piazza D'Oro Way, STE 230, Oceanside, CA 92056
Sometimes it's the little things that make a huge impact on people. No matter what genre of music you listen to, you listen for a reason. Music is an escape for some, a mood booster for others, or just part of your everyday life. For our men overseas fighting for our country, having music to get through their long days can be a life saver.
JLab Audio had the opportunity to send some of our products to a good man in the military and his fellow soldiers. What we didn’t realize was just how much this was going to mean to these guys. They are hundreds of miles away from the comfort of any base traveling in trucks with no radio, so our Crasher Mini Bluetooth Speaker that we sent was a real gem to them. They use it while driving around all day and it can be heard over all the engine noise on the road in the HMMWVs (Humvees).
We also sent them our Flex Over-Ear Studio Headphones which allows them to listen to music while they set up their KPV Machine Guns (wow!), which they mentioned are so comfortable, they can wear them for long periods of time.
The Epic Premium Earbuds and JBuds Pro Signature Earbuds were sent as well, which they love to wear while they run and do their morning workouts. These troops find use for our products in more ways than one, and we couldn't be happier to share the ability to listen to music with these guys while so far away from home.
Not only have we supported this courageous man above who is currently overseas fighting for our freedom, we also have the honor to support #TeamJLab's Jamel Herring, a US Marine Corps Veteran and professional boxer.
Semper Fidelis! Next fight date coming real soon. #SemperFi #JamelHerring #TeamHerring #Team631 #TeamHaymon #HaymonBoxing #BoxingIsLife #SemperFidelis #USMC #USMarine #UnitedStatesMarine #UnitedStatesMarineCorps #FutureWorldChampion #Coram #Cincinnati #LongIsland #StrongIsland #ROCKITOUT #Redemption
Learn about Jamel's journey into the boxing world during and after his second tour in Iraq, his experience representing the USA at the 2012 Olympics, and how he hustles daily to reach his goals with USMC pride, here.
If you know or have someone special overseas, please be sure to share our story with them and sign them up for the #SoundOfFreedom program! This will give them 40% off their next purchase when they fill out the form and send in their military ID.
This is just a small token of our appreciation for your service to this beautiful country.